Oct 1, 2013

New family motto

GSD

(Get. Sh*t. Done.)

Sometimes, the hours in the day just absolutely disappear.  It can be 5:30 pm before I've even thrown a touch of make-up on.  Ok, full disclosure, it can be 5:30 pm before I even have 'real' clothes on.  It's amazing how little I feel I have accomplished in a day when all that I've done is run around.  Mommyhood is busy busy busy.  

It was getting to be really frustrating for a while because even though I felt like I was working, things didn't seem to be getting done.  Like, the laundry, or watering the flowers, or the dishes or getting groceries, or cleaning, or (GASP) my workouts.  

So, Nate and I have been using the motto: GSD for the last month or so to help us out.  It's been both really helpful and also a bit of a kick in the butt for us because at the end of a long loooooong day, we both feel the urge to chill out on the couch and watch Homeland or The Voice.  Instead we say to each other: GSD.  It mostly happens when Scarlet is asleep (starting at 8:30 or 9:00 depending on the day), or during her naps, or if I'm really lucky I can GSD myself while she's awake.  

Today was a prime example of the former.  I was feeling really 'fallish' with it being Oct.1st and the weather is getting cooler.  So I wanted to make a homemade soup for dinner.  So I GSD and did it.  




Homemade Black Bean, Tomato and Basil soup with Coconut milk and Quinoa.

It was extremely delicious and I'm totally going to do it again.  It was nice to cook a healthy homemade meal for the fam and obviously I'm proud of myself.  It's good to GSD.  

Check out W Diet for more of tasty meals that we've eaten lately.



  


No comments: