Sep 12, 2013

It's all a bunch of lies

Yah that's right Anne Geddes - you're secret is coming out RIGHT NOW!

All those sweet adorable baby pictures that you see all over the internet - I'm calling it...FAKE!  What I've come to understand is that taking a good picture of your child can take literally HOURS of painstaking hard work.  Lighting, outfit, puke, poo, camera charged up, naptime, feeding time all play into getting just one ok shot and those other baby pics make it look so easy, almost as if it 'just happened'.  Nope - long hours, hard work, many tears.

For example,  I was encouraged by my Mom to use the same cute little homemade cardboard circle in all of Scarlet's monthly updates to compare from month to month on how big she was getting.  I thought - fun idea, and have been using the same one up until yesterday.  It went like this:


Oooo!  Pictures?! OF ME?!  OK!!!


Wait what's this?  The number five?  Sweet...


You don't even know Mom, you don't even know.


Getting closer.


Going for it.



And - attack.


GET IT!  chomp chomp chomp.


A little scary how much she liked it.


This is when it started getting disturbing.


I took it away because there was tape on the back of the five and I thought it might become a choking hazard.  Gold medal - responsible mom.


Then this happened.


Not even Sophie (a ACTUAL teething toy) would help.


I WANT THE FIVE!



So I gave her the five for a few more minutes.


Poor thing.





No comments: