Dec 13, 2009

House. Updates.

Weeks 19-22

(Nov.20th - Dec 10th)


HOLY BUSY!!!


Short story long - but hey, this is a blog.


The last few weeks have been a total gong show.  I have always being extremely busy - and have always loved it; but this last stint has been especially wild.  At Central, two of our mainstage shows went up at the same time which is kinda like working two full time jobs at once.  Plus, I was teaching regular classes at the same time.  It really has made life feel like a bit of a mad house.  Thank goodness my colleagues are so amazing have been there every step of the way with support and encouragement.  I love those guys.


The Astonishing Adventures of Awesome Girl and Radical Boy and The Albright Pact had fantastic runs.  We had to cancel both Friday night performances on the 4th due to the torrential snowdump; but we made up for it the next day with four shows instead of two.  It was crazy getting that organized last minute, but it happened and the kids did so well.  I was so proud of them.


The shows received excellent reviews and responses from our audiences and we were happy to finally strike sets and begin the clean up phase on Monday.  Literally, the next day my colleague and I began a week long process of auditioning students for our upcoming musical Les Miserables.  SO EXCITING!  The Oresteia is also starting rehearsals after school everyday.  Busy busy busy.


The house is coming along too.  We finally have all of our bathrooms in working order with more and more being completed everyday.  Decorating is going to be really fun.  I'm loving our new tile in the power bathroom (pics to follow).  They have a bit of a modern/asian feel.  We (and by 'we' I mean Nate) will finish the powder bathroom with a poured concrete vanity, modern lighting and medium to dark slate gray paint.  Our master bathroom is also coming along beautifully.  The harlequin tile looks insanely stunning - I didn' t realize that it would be so gorgeous.  It was pricey, but in my opinion it totally makes the bathroom look parisian.


The basement, the two spare bedrooms upstairs, the laundry room, the flex room and all of the built-ins still have to be done.  They'll obviously be completed in the New Year which is funny because both Nate and I thought that the house would be done by the end of September maybe late October.  NOPE.  The house is certainly livable, and perhaps the extra reno weeks give me more time to consider what I want decoration wise - there's always a silver lining.  But it's funny, when people ask me how the house is coming along, I still roll my eyes.  It's coming...sigh, it's coming.

No comments: