Jun 25, 2009

RenovNate and DomestiKate (omg so bad...)


At the risk of sounding like a pre-teen valley girl (this is what happens when you stay with Mom and Dad in Elbow Valley for too long), we like ummmm... 

totally bought a freakin' house!!!  


Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, like, oh my gosh.  I have personally given myself a few bragging rights here because after living on a 40 ft sailboat for nine months, this is something I'm allowed to write on and on about.  You can't take this away from me people!


Our new home is located on what I like to call the trendy side of cookie cutter Mackenzie Towne.  The outside of the house is currently being finished with Hardie board stucco and stone while the inside of it will be left at drywall.  With Nate's construction and renovation skills we agreed that we would finish the inside of it ourselves.  I really like the fact that we'll be able to pick everything from the hardwood floor wood type and stain to the door knobs.  


Here's the sweet floor plan:



What really sold us on the house is that it is one of a few in Calgary that are being built with a 'green' state.  The project is called Emerge and all of the homes that they build feature Net-Zero, geo-thermal heating, solar panels on the roof, completely space age forward thinking brain homes.  In their words, they build homes that; ''...promote practical yet effective environmental conservation solutions.  Each house combines state of the art energy efficient construction techniques and equipment with renewable solar energy to provide energy for use in the homes".  In my words; "less money to the bill man AND save the environment?  I'm in."  



We bought the house called the Aster which was named after the wild flower.    

If you'd like to know more about it take a look at the Avalon Website: 

http://www.avalonmasterbuilder.com/

or,

No comments: