Apr 21, 2009

It's been fab, but it's time to move on.


We left Jackie O on the hard at the Riverside Marina in Ft. Pierce after traveling down the Intercoastal waterway for two days straight.  It was a long and slow journey as we were unable to sail, but we had a nice time imagining we inhibited one of the multi-million dollar homes along the canal.   She is listed with a reputable boat brokerage who claim that there is a bit of movement despite the 'hard times'.  Nate and I are not expecting her to sell, but if it happens great, if not, we'll have a place to stay in Florida for a few years.


For me, closing this travel chapter was a most joyous occasion.  I usually feel quite uneasy about leaving things behind and moving on because change has been very difficult for me in the past.  However, severing those ties with Jackie came easily.  I'm feeling like I can deal in a positive way with change.  I also think that it was easy to pull the plug because there just can't be two women in Nate's life.  I'm semi-high matienence, but Jackie is down right high-freakin-Paris-Hilton-style-high-matienence.  


Nate has asked me to mention that he feels relieved and also glad to have put something that he dreamed of doing behind him.   He says he knows that he has there are other ambitious adventures that we'll carry out together and he's excited about that.  So, in a way, thanks Jackie.

  

I will miss the beautiful Bahamian weather, the white sandy beaches and especially the countless amazing people that we have come to get to know throughout the sailing community.  Meeting kind, generous and smart people on a daily basis was such a gift.  We hope to remain in touch with these wonderful people.  Especially, Cathy and Gene, Linda and Rick, Cam and Jan, Mark and Julie and of course Uncle Rick.  We'll miss you guys, but know that there will always be a spot in cold, beautiful Cow-Town for you if you need it and also if you'd like to come and reminisce about our cruising days.  


Nate and I are currently in Montreal where we will spend a week with his Uncle Harvey and his new wife Marie-Eve and then we're off to London England to spend a few weeks with Robin and Dan.  We'll finish the trip off with a visit to Paris which will be full-filling a life long dream that I've had, which if you really know me, you'll believe me when I tell you that the dream is to eat a real parisian croissant made in France for breakfast instead of Oatmeal.  Ah, the sweet life. Ciao for now Jackie O and Bahamaland.  It's really has been fab, but it's time to for us to move on.



 

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Can't wait to see you in Calgary! But prepare for snow! Just had another blizzard. If you squint, and use your imagination, it almost resembles Treasure Cay sand...
love mom