Apr 5, 2016

Vacay Memories

It sounds crazy but one of the best memories from this past vacation is walking with my son on the beach during the golden hour.  I really never did think that I would be blessed with kiddos.  In fact, I was preparing myself for a life of heartache and many, many date nights with Nate after we experienced the loss of our first born babe. 

It felt like forever to conceive Scarlet - two years of ‘what ifs’ and then we had a little flicker of hope when we fell pregnant and took her full term.  It was the same with William, we wondered and wondered ‘ would we be able to conceive again? Will this baby be taken to full term?’ and even after falling pregnant, there were so many hurdles during his pregnancy, I just didn’t know.

So to be blessed with the two gorgeous, hauntingly perfect souls in my life is a dream coming to fruition.  The ones I cried for have finally come into my life and are such incredible gifts.  

To walk on the beach with my son.  Just that.  Walking on the beach hand in hand, heart to heart, just the two of us at the most beautiful moment of the day.  Well that’s icing friends.  I cry when I look at this picture.  I cry because as simple as it is, walking… it is one of the highlights of the trip for me.  I know… cheesy, but hey.  After all we’ve been through, these are the days.

Now, to get ‘real’ and less sentimental, (haha), there are new ‘BIG GIRL’ camera pics up in the ‘Travel’ section.  

I always wonder if my Nikon is actually better than my iPhone because when I’m looking back on some of the shots that I took over the holiday, I legitimately can’t totally tell if it was from my phone or my $1,000+ camera and fancy pants lens.  ???  Anyone else experience this conundrum?  I’m TOLD that my big girl camera is better but… hmmmm…. not totally convinced.  Anywho, I hope you like the shots from it.  If there are doubles already posted they may or may not be from my phone - cause honestly, it’s really hard to tell.

Happy Hump Day friends!!!

Luvs,
Kate XO

No comments: